- 13 02 24
Carpe Diem Live Event
This Tuesday 13th February, the Oxford Philharmonic Orchestra and Spanish conductor Lucas Macías will be teaming up with Belgian violinist Marc Bouchkov, the First prize winner of the Montreal International Violin Competition, silver medallist of the Tchaikovsky International Violin Competition and recipient of the London Music Masters Award and Kulturstiftung Dortmund music prize, who will be arriving in Dubai for a concert presented as part of the 2024 InClassica International Music Festival, organized by SAMIT Event Group. The evening opens with the famed Overture from Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart’s 1786 opera The Marriage of Figaro, widely considered one of the finest examples of the genre. Next comes Composer-in-Residence Alexey Shor’s Violin Concerto No. 6, ‘Carpe Diem’, a rich and expressive work full of lush melodies and sublime orchestration. As its name implies, the work is an optimistic and lively piece expounding a powerful zest for life, with a highly virtuosic finale that brings all the versatility of the violin to the fore. Finally, the orchestra will present Antonín Dvořák’s Symphony No. 8, an uncharacteristically cheerful and optimistic work from the Czech composer that was met with immediate critical and popular acclaim upon its premiere in Prague on the 2nd February 1890, which was conducted by Dvořák himself.
Terms & Conditions
- This ticket is sold subject to these Ticketing Terms and Conditions (the “T&C”). The T&C should be read carefully before purchase and the purchase of Ticket(s) constitutes acceptance of the T&C.
- This ticket must be produced to gain entry into an event.
- Removing any part of, altering or defacing the ticket may invalidate it.
- This ticket must not, without the prior written consent of Dubai Opera, be resold or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes, if not the ticket will be cancelled immediately.
- This ticket is only valid for the specific date, time and event shown.
- Dubai Opera does not offer refunds or exchanges as a result of a change in your circumstances. Dubai Opera at its sole discretion may only refund or exchange a ticket if an event is cancelled or rescheduled and you cannot attend the rescheduled event. This includes, but is not limited to, any circumstances related to Covid-19 which might prevent you from attending.
- Dubai Opera can only replace lost, stolen or damaged tickets if the authenticity of the ticket can be verified, including proof of purchase, subject to replacement fee.
- Dubai Opera reserves the right to add, withdraw, reschedule or substitute artists and/or vary advertised programmes, prices, seating arrangements and audience capacity without prior notice.
- Admission to an event is subject to Dubai Opera’s Conditions of Entry which can be found on Dubai Opera’s website www.dubaiopera.com
- Where concessions are applicable, valid proof of identity and concession entitlement must be provided for the collection of tickets at the event.
- Entry to the event may be subject to age restrictions specified in Dubai Opera’s website www.dubaiopera.com or publicity for the event, and no refund will be made because the ticket holder was not aware of such age restrictions.
- Dubai Opera reserves the right without refund or compensation to refuse admission/evict any person(s) whose conduct is disorderly or inappropriate or who poses a threat to security, or to the enjoyment of the event by others.
- The ticket holder agrees to submit to any search for any prohibited items including but not limited to weapons, controlled, dangerous and illegal substances and recording devices.
- Patrons arriving late to a performance will only be admitted into the venue at a suitable break. Latecomers may be seated in alternate seat locations to avoid disruption of the performance.
- The use of mobile phones, camera and other electronic devices inside the auditorium are prohibited. Exceptions may occur depending on the type of event.
- The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risk and danger incidental to the event whether occurring before, during or after the actual event, including any death, personal injury, loss, damage or liability.
- Food & Beverage purchased outside Dubai Opera are not permitted. Food and beverages are strictly prohibited inside the auditorium. This applies before the show, during the show and the intermission. Exceptions may occur depending on the type of event.
- 6+ years would require a ticket to enter the Dubai Opera Main Auditorium.
- Below 6+ years are not permitted into the Dubai Opera Main Auditorium.