- 09 02 24
- 7:30 pm
Childhood Memories to Beethoven
On Friday 9th February the 2024 InClassica International Music Festival, organized by SAMIT Event Group, continues in Dubai with a concert featuring one of the most exciting and electrifying pianists of our generation, Zee Zee (Hong Kong/USA), a founding member of the acclaimed Z.E.N. Trio, Founder and Artistic Director of the Z+ international music festival, prizewinner at the 2013 Queen Elisabeth Competition, and winner of the Petschek Piano Award, the Gina Bachauer International Artists Piano Competition, and the Krainev International Piano Competition. Joined by the Oxford Philharmonic Orchestra, who will be performing under the baton of German conductor Nabil Shehata, Zee Zee shall present Composer-in-Residence Alexey Shor’s Suite for piano and orchestra No. 3, ‘Childhood Memories’, an intimate work in nine evocative movements which is inspired by the composer’s youth, loosely tracing the path from early childhood and bringing Shor’s experiences of these formative years to life. Ludwig van Beethoven’s majestic Symphony No. 7 shall then follow, first premiered in Vienna on the 8th of December 1813. Written in the shadow of the Napoleonic wars, the work is often regarded as a musical confrontation of sorts, as Europe struggled to free itself from French domination.
Terms & Conditions
- This ticket is sold subject to these Ticketing Terms and Conditions (the “T&C”). The T&C should be read carefully before purchase and the purchase of Ticket(s) constitutes acceptance of the T&C.
- This ticket must be produced to gain entry into an event.
- Removing any part of, altering or defacing the ticket may invalidate it.
- This ticket must not, without the prior written consent of Dubai Opera, be resold or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes, if not the ticket will be cancelled immediately.
- This ticket is only valid for the specific date, time and event shown.
- Dubai Opera does not offer refunds or exchanges as a result of a change in your circumstances. Dubai Opera at its sole discretion may only refund or exchange a ticket if an event is cancelled or rescheduled and you cannot attend the rescheduled event. This includes, but is not limited to, any circumstances related to Covid-19 which might prevent you from attending.
- Dubai Opera can only replace lost, stolen or damaged tickets if the authenticity of the ticket can be verified, including proof of purchase, subject to replacement fee.
- Dubai Opera reserves the right to add, withdraw, reschedule or substitute artists and/or vary advertised programmes, prices, seating arrangements and audience capacity without prior notice.
- Admission to an event is subject to Dubai Opera’s Conditions of Entry which can be found on Dubai Opera’s website www.dubaiopera.com
- Where concessions are applicable, valid proof of identity and concession entitlement must be provided for the collection of tickets at the event.
- Entry to the event may be subject to age restrictions specified in Dubai Opera’s website www.dubaiopera.com or publicity for the event, and no refund will be made because the ticket holder was not aware of such age restrictions.
- Dubai Opera reserves the right without refund or compensation to refuse admission/evict any person(s) whose conduct is disorderly or inappropriate or who poses a threat to security, or to the enjoyment of the event by others.
- The ticket holder agrees to submit to any search for any prohibited items including but not limited to weapons, controlled, dangerous and illegal substances and recording devices.
- Patrons arriving late to a performance will only be admitted into the venue at a suitable break. Latecomers may be seated in alternate seat locations to avoid disruption of the performance.
- The use of mobile phones, camera and other electronic devices inside the auditorium are prohibited. Exceptions may occur depending on the type of event.
- The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risk and danger incidental to the event whether occurring before, during or after the actual event, including any death, personal injury, loss, damage or liability.
- Food & Beverage purchased outside Dubai Opera are not permitted. Food and beverages are strictly prohibited inside the auditorium. This applies before the show, during the show and the intermission. Exceptions may occur depending on the type of event.
- 6+ years would require a ticket to enter the Dubai Opera Main Auditorium.
- Below 6+ years are not permitted into the Dubai Opera Main Auditorium.