- 26 10 23
- 8:00 pm
David Garrett ICONIC Tour 2023
On October 26, Dubai Opera presents a captivating performance by violinist David Garrett as part of his ICONIC world tour.
David Garrett is a musician whose reputation precedes him, is brilliant, fearless, genre-defying, and has a track record of multi-platinum and gold albums. He is also among the few artists to have won consecutive ECHO awards in both the classical and pop categories.
At the age of four, he began violin lessons with Zahkar Bron and Ida Haendel. At the age of ten, he made his stage debut, and at thirteen, he became the youngest artist to sign with Deutsche Grammophon. Zubin Mehta, Claudio Abbado, and Yehudi Menuhin were some of his childhood conductors. At 15, he recorded all 24 Caprices by Paganini, which are among the most difficult violin pieces.
Itzhak Perlman was his teacher at New York’s Juilliard School, where he studied. Since graduating, David Garrett has collaborated with Zubin Mehta, Christoph Eschenbach, Riccardo Chailly, and Andrés Orozco-Estrada. He has also performed with the Wiener Symphoniker, London Philharmonic Orchestra, Filharmonica della Scala, RAI Turin, Accademia di Santa Cecillia, and Russian National Orchestra.
In 2023, David Garrett released a new album, Iconic, which pays homage to the great violinists of the golden age, such as Heifetz, Kreisler, and Menuhin. In Iconic, he presents a personal selection of repertoire gems, including atmospheric miniatures and virtuosic showpieces by Bach, Gluck, Mendelssohn, Schumann, Dvoák, and Kreisler, among others. Having been specially arranged for violin, guitar, and orchestra, these pieces take on a fresh, intimate, and distinctive character. Garrett is joined by his guitarist, Franck van der Heijden, who also directs Orchestra The Prezent. “I’ve recorded many virtuoso albums myself,” says the violinist. “This time it was particularly important to me to refocus on the essentials, on what really speaks to the heart.”
TERMS & CONDITIONS
This ticket is sold subject to these Ticketing Terms and Conditions (the “T&C”). The T&C should be read carefully prior to purchase and the purchase of Ticket(s) constitutes acceptance of the T&C.
- This ticket must be produced to gain entry into an event.
- Removing any part of, altering or defacing the ticket may invalidate it.
- This ticket must not, without the prior written consent of Dubai Opera, be resold or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes, if not the ticket will be cancelled immediately.
- This ticket is only valid for the specific date, time and event shown.
- Dubai Opera does not offer refunds or exchanges as a result of a change in your personal circumstances. Dubai Opera at its sole discretion may only refund or exchange a ticket if an event is cancelled or rescheduled and you cannot attend the rescheduled event. This includes, but is not limited to, any circumstances related to Covid-19 which might prevent you from attending.
- Dubai Opera can only replace lost, stolen or damaged tickets if the authenticity of the ticket can be verified, including proof of purchase, subject to replacement fee.
- Dubai Opera reserves the right to add, withdraw, reschedule or substitute artists and/or vary advertised programmes, prices, seating arrangements and audience capacity without prior notice.
- Admission to an event is subject to Dubai Opera’s Conditions of Entry which can be found on Dubai Opera’s website www.dubaiopera.com
- Where concessions are applicable, valid proof of identity and concession entitlement must be provided for collection of tickets at the event.
- Entry to the event may be subject to age restrictions specified in Dubai Opera’s website www.dubaiopera.com or in publicity for the event, and no refund will be made on the grounds that the ticket holder was not aware of such age restrictions.
- Dubai Opera reserves the right without refund or compensation to refuse admission/evict any person(s) whose conduct is disorderly or inappropriate or who poses a threat to security, or to the enjoyment of the event by others.
- The ticket holder agrees to submit to any search for any prohibited items including but not limited to weapons, controlled, dangerous and illegal substances and recording devices.
- Patrons arriving late to a performance will only be admitted into the venue at a suitable break. Latecomers may be seated in alternate seat locations to avoid disruption of the performance.
- The use of mobile phones, camera and other electronic devised inside the auditorium are prohibited. Exceptions may occur depending on the type of event.
- The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risk and danger incidental to the event whether occurring prior to, during or subsequent to the actual event, including any death, personal injury, loss, damage or liability.
- Food & Beverage purchased outside Dubai Opera are not permitted. Food and beverages are strictly prohibited inside the auditorium. This applies before the show, during the show and during the intermission. Exceptions may occur depending on the type of event.