- 15 02 24
- 8:00 pm
Grand Finale with Oxford Philharmonic
The 2024 InClassica International Music, organised by SAMIT Event Group, comes to a thundering close on Thursday 15th February, with a Grand Finale featuring the Oxford Philharmonic Orchestra and their Founder and Music Director, Marios Papadopoulos (UK), alongside US violinist Stella Chen, the recipient of the 2020 Avery Fisher Career Grant, 2020 Lincoln Center Emerging Artist Award and Robert Levin Award, top prize winner of the Tibor Varga International Violin Competition, youngest ever prize winner of the Menuhin Competition and Winner of the 2019 Queen Elisabeth Competition. Presenting a packed programme of seminal favourites, the ensemble will open with the famous rousing Overture from Gioachino Rossini’s 1829 opera William Tell, before Chen joins them for a performance of Composer-in-Residence Alexey Shor’s Violin Concerto No. 4 in B minor, a work in three movements exhibiting all the hallmarks of Shor’s characteristic lyrical and tonal approach to contemporary music. Finally, the evening, and InClassica 2024 itself, shall conclude with the resounding notes of Antonín Dvořák’s Symphony No. 9, ‘From the New World’, one of the most beloved and popular symphonies of all time. Composed while Dvořák was the director of the National Conservatory of Music of America, the work shows strong influences from traditional Native American and African-American spiritual songs, and was immediately an instant success upon its premiere at Carnegie Hall in 1893, before going on to delight concert-goers all around the world for more than 130 years.
15th February 2024
Gates Open at 07:30 PM / Event Starts at 08:00 PM
6+ years would require a ticket to enter the Dubai Opera Main Auditorium.
Below 6+ years are not permitted into the Dubai Opera Main Auditorium.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
This ticket is sold subject to these Ticketing Terms and Conditions (the “T&C”). The T&C should be read carefully prior to purchase and the purchase of Ticket(s) constitutes acceptance of the T&C.
- This ticket must be produced to gain entry into an event.
- Removing any part of, altering or defacing the ticket may invalidate it.
- This ticket must not, without the prior written consent of Dubai Opera, be resold or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes, if not the ticket will be cancelled immediately.
- This ticket is only valid for the specific date, time and event shown.
- Dubai Opera does not offer refunds or exchanges as a result of a change in your personal circumstances. Dubai Opera at its sole discretion may only refund or exchange a ticket if an event is cancelled or rescheduled and you cannot attend the rescheduled event. This includes, but is not limited to, any circumstances related to Covid-19 which might prevent you from attending.
- Dubai Opera can only replace lost, stolen or damaged tickets if the authenticity of the ticket can be verified, including proof of purchase, subject to replacement fee.
- Dubai Opera reserves the right to add, withdraw, reschedule or substitute artists and/or vary advertised programmes, prices, seating arrangements and audience capacity without prior notice.
- Admission to an event is subject to Dubai Opera’s Conditions of Entry which can be found on Dubai Opera’s website www.dubaiopera.com
- Where concessions are applicable, valid proof of identity and concession entitlement must be provided for collection of tickets at the event.
- Entry to the event may be subject to age restrictions specified in Dubai Opera’s website www.dubaiopera.com or in publicity for the event, and no refund will be made on the grounds that the ticket holder was not aware of such age restrictions.
- Dubai Opera reserves the right without refund or compensation to refuse admission/evict any person(s) whose conduct is disorderly or inappropriate or who poses a threat to security, or to the enjoyment of the event by others.
- The ticket holder agrees to submit to any search for any prohibited items including but not limited to weapons, controlled, dangerous and illegal substances and recording devices.
- Patrons arriving late to a performance will only be admitted into the venue at a suitable break. Latecomers may be seated in alternate seat locations to avoid disruption of the performance.
- The use of mobile phones, camera and other electronic devised inside the auditorium are prohibited. Exceptions may occur depending on the type of event.
- The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risk and danger incidental to the event whether occurring prior to, during or subsequent to the actual event, including any death, personal injury, loss, damage or liability.
- Food & Beverage purchased outside Dubai Opera are not permitted. Food and beverages are strictly prohibited inside the auditorium. This applies before the show, during the show and during the intermission. Exceptions may occur depending on the type of event.