- 26 11 23
- 8:30 pm
Kaan Sekban Live Event
‘”Are you ready for the world’s most absurd journey from plaza life to casting agencies?
Kaan Sekban, who studied acting abroad and said goodbye to white-collar life after working as a plaza person in corporate life for 10 years, takes the talk shows he produces from his own room one step further and appears before the audience and covers everything from plaza life to casting agencies, from white-collar dramas to behavioral disorders on social media. “He talks nonsense in his own unique style.
“Plaza hayatından cast ajanslarına dünyanın en saçma yolculuğuna hazır mısınız?
10 yıl boyunca kurumsal hayatta bir plaza insanı olarak çalıştıktan sonra yurt dışında oyunculuk eğitimi alıp beyaz yakalı hayata veda eden Kaan Sekban, kendi odasından yaptığı talk şovları bir adım öteye taşıyarak seyirci karşısına çıkıyor ve plaza hayatından cast ajanslarına, beyaz yaka dramlarından sosyal medyadaki davranış bozukluklarına kadar kendine has üslubuyla saçmalıyor.”
He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Political Science and International Relations from Yıldız Technical University, and a Master’s degree in Strategic Marketing and Brand Management from Bahçeşehir University. After working in various roles at a private bank for 10 years, he resigned and turned his focus towards the performing arts field, following participation in acting and musical workshops both domestically and internationally.
After taking on roles in the musical ‘Istanbulname’ in Turkey and the opera ‘A Midsummer Night’s Dream’ in Italy, he gained recognition for his homemade live talk show named ‘Kaan Sekban Drools’ which he broadcasts from his own home. Sekban is known for his satirical approach to white-collar life and has garnered significant attention in the business world through his sketches lampooning corporate life, titled ‘White Collar bi Polar’.
Continuing with his one-man shows on various stages since May 2017, he achieved rapid success with his autobiographical humorous book ‘Congrats You’re Fired’ published in June, swiftly becoming a bestseller. Despite its comedic autobiographical content, the book was recognized as the best business book of the year in the management, leadership, and HR category by Platin magazine. In 2023, his book titled ‘after the Laughter’ was published, shedding light on the behind-the-scenes of his five years in the show business in an unfiltered manner.
In recognition of his solo performance, he was awarded the ‘Best Stand-Up Comedy Artist of 2018’ by public vote at the Biletix Ticket of the Year Awards.
In addition, in 2022, he became the first Turkish comedian who host a gala in English at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York. Shortly after the event, he started to perform stand-up sets multiple times in English in front of the American audience in New York and Los Angeles.
- Show date: 26 Nov 2023
- Doors open at 30 min before the show starts, ensuring you have ample time to settle in.
- Duration: 2h 30 min (including 15 min intervals)
- Language: Turkish
- Age policy: 12+ yrs
- The event ticket must be produced to gain entry into the event.
- The ticket is only valid for the specific date, time, and event shown.
- Latecomers will be granted entry at the discretion of the duty manager.
- F&B is allowed in the theatre only if purchased from the theatre bar.
- The bar opens 1 hour before the performance.
- Seats allocated at the time of booking are non-exchangeable and non-refundable.
Entry Policies & COVID Regulation:
- All event guests must agree with and abide by the following conditions.
- Failure to do so will result in no entry to the event.
- Strictly NO readmission.
- No professional cameras, audio, or video recorders are allowed.
- Strollers and bags of any size are prohibited inside the theatre and no storage facilities are available.
- Please do not attend if you have COVID-19 symptoms.