- 14 02 24
- 7:30 pm
Maxim Vengerov & Behzod Abduraimov Live Event
On Wednesday 14th February, one of the biggest stars in the world of classical music shall be gracing the stage of Dubai Opera, as Monégasque violinist Maxim Vengerov, a Grammy Award, two-time Gramophone Classical Music Award, Classic Brit Award, and five-time Edison Classical Music Award winner returns to the InClassica International Music Festival to take part in its 2024 edition, in a concert organized by SAMIT Event Group. On this occasion, the legendary maestro will be joined by Uzbek pianist Behzod Abduraimov, the First Prize-winner at the London International Piano Competition (2009), and Decca Classics recording artist, as the two artists present a duo recital that is sure to last long in the memories of all those fortunate enough to be in attendance.
The evening opens with César Franck’s Sonata in A major for Violin and Piano, one of the composer’s best-known works and widely considered an exemplary entry in the genre, before the duo turns to Composer-in-Residence Alexey Shor’s Violin Sonata No. 1, an evocative piece in three movements characterized by a focus on tonal elegance intermixed with technically demanding passages that bring out the best of the two maestros on stage. Next come two compositions from the pen of Sergei Prokofiev, starting with his Five Melodies, initially written as vocalizes in 1920, before being adapted for violin and piano by the composer himself in 1925. Finally, Vengerov and Abduraimov will close with Prokofiev’s Violin Sonata No. 2 in D Major, a highly acclaimed piece that premiered in 1944 and is based on an earlier sonata for flute that Prokofiev originally wrote in 1942.
Terms & Conditions
- This ticket is sold subject to these Ticketing Terms and Conditions (the “T&C”). The T&C should be read carefully before purchase and the purchase of Ticket(s) constitutes acceptance of the T&C.
- This ticket must be produced to gain entry into an event.
- Removing any part of, altering or defacing the ticket may invalidate it.
- This ticket must not, without the prior written consent of Dubai Opera, be resold or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes, if not the ticket will be cancelled immediately.
- This ticket is only valid for the specific date, time and event shown.
- Dubai Opera does not offer refunds or exchanges as a result of a change in your circumstances. Dubai Opera at its sole discretion may only refund or exchange a ticket if an event is cancelled or rescheduled and you cannot attend the rescheduled event. This includes, but is not limited to, any circumstances related to Covid-19 which might prevent you from attending.
- Dubai Opera can only replace lost, stolen or damaged tickets if the authenticity of the ticket can be verified, including proof of purchase, subject to replacement fee.
- Dubai Opera reserves the right to add, withdraw, reschedule or substitute artists and/or vary advertised programmes, prices, seating arrangements and audience capacity without prior notice.
- Admission to an event is subject to Dubai Opera’s Conditions of Entry which can be found on Dubai Opera’s website www.dubaiopera.com
- Where concessions are applicable, valid proof of identity and concession entitlement must be provided for the collection of tickets at the event.
- Entry to the event may be subject to age restrictions specified in Dubai Opera’s website www.dubaiopera.com or publicity for the event, and no refund will be made because the ticket holder was not aware of such age restrictions.
- Dubai Opera reserves the right without refund or compensation to refuse admission/evict any person(s) whose conduct is disorderly or inappropriate or who poses a threat to security, or to the enjoyment of the event by others.
- The ticket holder agrees to submit to any search for any prohibited items including but not limited to weapons, controlled, dangerous and illegal substances and recording devices.
- Patrons arriving late to a performance will only be admitted into the venue at a suitable break. Latecomers may be seated in alternate seat locations to avoid disruption of the performance.
- The use of mobile phones, camera and other electronic devices inside the auditorium are prohibited. Exceptions may occur depending on the type of event.
- The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risk and danger incidental to the event whether occurring before, during or after the actual event, including any death, personal injury, loss, damage or liability.
- Food & Beverage purchased outside Dubai Opera are not permitted. Food and beverages are strictly prohibited inside the auditorium. This applies before the show, during the show and the intermission. Exceptions may occur depending on the type of event.
- 6+ years would require a ticket to enter the Dubai Opera Main Auditorium.
- Below 6+ years are not permitted into the Dubai Opera Main Auditorium.