- 08 - 10 09 23
Swan Lake at Dubai Opera
Dubai Opera presents Hungarian National Ballet’s critically acclaimed Swan Lake which will enchant audiences from 8 to 10 September 2023.
Tchaikovsky’s inaugural ballet stands as a treasured gem in classical ballet, depicting a poignant tale of love. The narrative explores the trials of affection between a prince coerced into matrimony and a maiden transformed into a swan. This enchanting Russian fairy tale gains depth as a single ballerina embodies both the pure white swan, Odette, and the captivating black swan, Odile. Despite its initial 1877 premiere’s failure, the brilliance of Tchaikovsky’s composition surpassed the choreographers’ efforts. Notably, Marius Petipa and Lev Ivanov’s choreography in 1895 cemented the ballet’s enduring tradition, serving as a blueprint for numerous contemporary renditions.
Renowned as a ballet masterpiece, Hungarian National Ballet’s Swan Lake, featuring Tchaikovsky’s iconic music, was adapted by Rudi van Dantzig and Toer van Schayk in 1988. It has graced the Hungarian National Ballet / Hungarian State Opera’s repertoire since 2015.
Indulge in an enchanting evening at Dubai Opera, where timeless magic takes center stage with a classic that demands to be experienced repeatedly.
Conductor: Gábor Hontvári
Orchestra: Hungarian State Opera Orchestra
Odette/Odile: Tatiana MELNIK, Maria YAKOVLEVA
Siegfried: Dmitry TIMOFEEV, Louis SCRIVENER
Alexander: Alberto ORTEGA DE PABLOS, Dumitru TARAN
Rothbart: Mikalai RADZIUSH, Iurii KEKALO
Pas de trois girls: Yuki WAKABAYASHI, Miyu TAKAMORI, Ellina POKHODNYKH, Nutsa CHEKURASHVILI
Big swans: Ganna MUROMTSEVA, Olha SKRYPCHENKO, Nika CRNIĆ, Adrienn HORÁNYI
Four little swans: Miyu TAKAMORI, Rita HANGYA, Jingxuan LI, Matilde BARBAGLIA
Brides: Inès FURUHASHI-HUBER, Nutsa CHEKURASHVILI, Nika CRNIĆ, Olha SKRYPCHENKO, Yuiko ADACHI, Adrienn HORÁNYI
Spanish dance: Lea FÖLDI, Ágnes KELEMEN, Anna KRUPP, Demeter KÓBOR, Vladyslav MELNYK
Pas de six solo: Claudia GARCÍA CARRIERA, András RÓNAI, Elena SHARIPOVA, Viachaslau HNEDCHYK
Pas de six: Yuki WAKABAYASHI, Yuliya RADZIUSH, Gaetano COTTONARO, Valerio PALUMBO, Matilde BARBAGLIA, Nadezhda SOROKINA, Alberto ORTEGA DE PABLOS, Carlos TARAVILLO MAHILLO
Neapolitan dance: Rita HANGYA, Nadezhda SOROKINA, Stefanida OVCHARENKO, Motomi KIYOTA, Yago GUERRA, Riku YAMAMOTO, Miyu TAKAMORI, Yuki WAKABAYASHI, Natsuna OYA, Francesco SARDELLA, Kristóf MORVAI, Vince TOPOLÁNSZKY
Csardas solo: Jessica CARULLA LEON, Balázs MAJOROS
VIP – 800 dhs
Platinum – 600 dhs
Gold – 425 dhs
Silver – 300 dhs
Event Policies, Terms and Conditions
Dress Code: You are advised to wear either a traditional dress a formal attire with a black tie.
Children aged 2 and above need a ticket for entry to the Dubai Opera Main Auditorium, while those under 2 are not allowed.
This ticket is sold subject to these Ticketing Terms and Conditions (the “T&C”). The T&C should be read carefully prior to purchase and the purchase of Ticket(s) constitutes acceptance of the T&C.
- Food & Beverage is strictly prohibited inside the auditorium. This applies before the show, during the show and during the intermission.
- This ticket must be produced to gain entry into an event.
- Removing any part of, altering or defacing the ticket may invalidate it.
- This ticket must not, without the prior written consent of the Venue, be resold or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes, if not the ticket will be cancelled immediately.
- This ticket is only valid for the specific date, time and event shown.
- The venue does not offer refunds or exchanges as a result of a change in your personal circumstances. The Venue at its sole discretion may only refund or exchange a ticket if an event is cancelled or rescheduled and you cannot attend the rescheduled event. This includes but is not limited to, any circumstances related to Covid-19 which might prevent you from attending.
- Platinumlist can only replace lost, stolen or damaged tickets if the authenticity of the ticket can be verified, including proof of purchase, subject to a replacement fee.
- The Venue reserves the right to add, withdraw, reschedule or substitute artists and/or vary advertised programmes, prices, seating arrangements and audience capacity without prior notice.
- Admission to an event is subject to the venue’s Conditions of Entry which can be found on the venue’s website www.dubaiopera.com
- Where concessions are applicable, valid proof of identity and concession entitlement must be provided for the collection of tickets at the event.
- Entry to the event may be subject to age restrictions specified on Venue’s website www.dubaiopera.com or in publicity for the event, and no refund will be made on the grounds that the ticket holder was not aware of such age restrictions.
- The venue reserves the right without refund or compensation to refuse admission/evict any person(s) whose conduct is disorderly or inappropriate or who poses a threat to security, or to the enjoyment of the event by others.
- The ticket holder agrees to submit to any search for any prohibited items including but not limited to weapons, controlled, dangerous and illegal substances and recording devices.
- Patrons arriving late to a performance will only be admitted into the venue at a suitable break. Latecomers may be seated in alternate seat locations to avoid disruption of the performance.
- Photography, audio or video recording including camera phones are strictly prohibited inside the venue.
- The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risk and danger incidental to the event whether occurring prior to, during or subsequent to the actual event, including any death, personal injury, loss, damage or liability.